Date: Friday 23rd March 2018
Time: 9:30 – 3:00
Location: The Henshall Centre, 5 Glasshouse Walk, Vauxhall, London SE11 5ES
Your Brain – everybody uses it for learning but not everyone understands how it really works. Whilst you don’t need to be a neuro-scientist to be in Learning and Development your professional skills will be boosted by knowing what does and doesn’t go on in people’s brains and bodies when they learn. Discover fascinating and vital concepts from neuroscience and psychology to transform your training.
You may have already read Neuroscience for Learning and Development, or perhaps it’s on your to do list still? Whether you’ve read the book or not you’ll find this practical one day Masterclass gives you new insights into the psychology and neuroscience you need to work with as a learning professional.
By completing the masterclass you will:
• Equip yourself with key aspects of neuroscience to transform learning in your organisation
• Dispel some of the myths and hype around neuroscience
• Have practical, evidence based tools to increase engagement and attention whatever the subject matter. ‘There is no such thing as a boring topic – only boring training’
• Use the latest findings of neuroscience in your daily practice
• Discover the research to back up what you’re already doing well, making it easier to convince budget holders to deliver great training
• Increase retention of learning to facilitate long term behaviour change and increase compliance
• Increase ROI with even better results for you, your learners and the organisation
• OD, L&D and HR professionals
• Professional coaches
• Technical experts who need to share information as part of their role
• You, if you have an interest in how your brain works and how you learn
What you’ll cover
• What is neuroscience and why does it matter to you?
• Learn some brain physiology about the building blocks and mechanisms of learning, such as neuroplasticity.
• Experience spaced learning to draw out the value of spaced repetition on long term memory and retention of information
• Harness brain waves for practical insights on how to prevent and cope with cognitive overload – find out why sleep is so vital for learning
• Memory – walk through the mechanisms of memory and learn to make habits and information ‘sticky’
• Take away tools to challenge neuromyths and to recognise sound and relevant research
This inspirational, interactive masterclass is drawn from many years of practical experience and evidence based research. We practice what we preach so you’ll be immersed in a brain friendly learning environment from which you can borrow as many ideas as you like. Join Stella Collins, author of Neuroscience for Learning and Development, for a valuable learning experience, lunch, refreshment, all materials, resources and additional review activities for ‘sticky’ learning for only £450 plus VAT.
Click here to book online
Or call +44 1256 698316
What people said about the book – be among the first to experience the workshop.
‘A timely book for all learning and development professionals’ Don Tayor, Chairman Learning and Performance Institute
‘Stella Collins proves you don’t have to be a neuroscientist to apply key brain principles to practical learning solutions’ Andy Lancaster, Head of Learning and Development at CIPD
‘Understanding the neuroscience and psychology of learning is the key to successful learning and training’ Dr Itiel Dror, Consultant and Researcher in Cognitive Development, University College London
‘If you want to transform learning in your organisation, this is a must read’ Amy Brann, author of ‘Neuroscience for Coaches’