Date: 29th June 2017
Venue: The Villa, Levens, Brettargh Holt, Levens, Kendal LA8 8EA – 5 minutes from M6 J36
Communication is a two way street and great communicators set off with clear intentions, recognise and manage their own emotions and behaviours and respond well to others. But nobody’s perfect and even good communicators see that sometimes it’s them that’s causing the challenge to someone else.
Communication can sometimes seem like a minefield where both sides have to tread carefully – you may even occasionally detonate your own mine. Even with the best intentions we sometimes get it wrong; perhaps being under confident or sometimes pushing things too far. Reduce conflict, stress or anxiety at work by developing skills to communicate confidently. Improve your performance and working relationships with techniques and tips that hit the mark more consistently and more often.
• Focused pre-course activity to get you thinking
• Interactive exercise and discussions so you share ideas and learn with others
• Time for reflection
• Practising assertive non-verbal behavior and language
• Finding out what drives your behavior and discovering ways to make lasting behavior change
• Confidentiality for you to work on the situations that bother you most
• An engaging, participative day that can change your approach and confidence for life
• Follow-up for 3 months to help you embed those changes.
Who should attend?
People who want to communicate confidently and clearly, progress in their chosen career and build good relationships within and outside their organisation. This programme is suitable for people who need to build their confidence and also for people who come across too strongly, are seen as aggressive and need to modify their approach.
Be clear about what you want and how to say it – so everyone understands
* Find out how to appear confident, even if you’re not feeling it right now
* Recognise when to back off if you may be overpowering someone else
* Hold your own in conversations and meetings
* Achieve Win Win Outcomes – get to the point where both sides feel understood and achieve what they need
* Manage emotions (yours and theirs) so they don’t damage the conversation
* Know how to handle other people – however difficult they seem and recognise when you may seem difficult to others
* Develop the mindset of a confident communicator
“I really like this programme, the most valuable was how to handle aggression because I already had this problem with someone and I didn’t know how to react. Now I have some tips.”
“Take full advantage of the opportunity to attend. Complete and concise material to help you communicate effectively and confidently.”
Workshop Fees: Special rate £399 + VAT per person
For further details and booking email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07789 515 868