Meet your brain: the neuroscience and psychology that gets your brain to work
The 2015 Towards Maturity Benchmark report highlighted what ‘Top Deck’ organisations do to compete and succeed in a global environment and a key driver is nurturing adaptable talent. In an increasingly changing environment those people who really know how they learn, react and behave and how to engage others are leading successful organisations.
The Brain – everybody has one but not many people understand how it really works. This is why sometimes people behave in a way you or they didn’t expect or do something that isn’t in line with organisational values or metrics. For most of us our brain is a “stranger” that lives peacefully in our head and runs on “auto-pilot” doing any number of subconscious or semi-conscious things. The good news is you can learn from an innovative workshop to allow you to meet that stranger and take more control of it, so the next time it won’t jeopardise that very important presentation, meeting a deadline or a crucial conversation with your client.
This programme will show you how to practically apply insights from neuroscience and psychology to maximise performance and productivity, improve workflow, reduce the barriers to innovation and exploit new opportunities.
The programme, which includes a one day workshop, will show you how your brain really works when you need to handle shifting business priorities. You’ll also use self guided activities to maximise your ability to learn and implement what you learn back at work.
By completing the workshop you will:
- Identify and describe aspects of neuroscience to drive your performance.
- Create your own, personalised tools to work more productively in alignment with your brain psychology and physiology.
- Recognise how to deal with tiredness, stress and emotional challenges to increase resilience.
- Improve your focus, attention and memory to reduce cognitive overload, learn and work better and be more productive.
- Use tools to be more creative and innovative at work.
Who should attend?
- All management level professionals
- OD, L&D and HR professionals
- Professional coaches
- Scientists/ engineers/ technical experts
- Marketing professionals
- You, if you have an interest in the neuroscience of your brain and its practical applications at work and beyond
- How your brain works – “brain friendly” introduction to brain physiology and its building blocks.
- You will use physical activities, drama, music, drawing and even food tasting in order to make the information stick
- Efficiency, effectiveness and wellness – the Brain waves exercise – this will give you practical knowledge and ideas about how to cope with cognitive overload, stress, tiredness and will improve your ability to learn overnight
- Memory development – Learn how your memory works and how to improve it even for unrelated pieces of information and with increasing work loads
- Attention and focus boosters to keep you on top of your game and ensure you don’t miss the crucial information you need to reach your goals
- Creativity and innovation awakening exercises
This programme is drawn from many years of practical experience as well as evidence based research. We practise what we preach so you’ll also experience a brain friendly learning environment to maximise your learning.
Ask us about how you can experience this programme in your workplace.